Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Boondocks

I received "A Right to be Hostile" for Christmas last year. I'd read this comic in the SF Chron when I was living in Napa... I'm afraid that this type of comic could never had made it to the local Napa paper.

I finally finished it, and the collection is absolutely genius. As I have before stated, I am a willfully ignorant American. I like to think that you like me, I like you, and everything should be ok. This isn't really the case, I guess, and the Boondocks explains why (inasmuch as it sets out to explain why).

While being slightly heavy-handed at times, the humor always takes the edge off the issue. Not that it dulls the blade, so to speak, but perhaps precisely lands the blow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home