Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Dividing America with a smirk

I put it off for a week, but I finally did it.

Perhaps one of the most vile, terrible things that I have ever done.

I read the Ann Coulter cover story in Time.

I don't really want to go off on a Right-bashing tirade here. I guess that I mostly want to explain the icy feeling when I read that most of what Coulter says is meant as a "joke". If she were an insane McCarthy-loving freak, that would be one thing. But to read that she intentionally stirs so much shit for her personal amusement... that's too much to take.

I think Al Franken is hysterical, but I haven't had a chance to hear him on Air America. I hope that he isn't quite as knee-jerk liberal as it has been made out, but I'm sure he is. Even so, I don't think that he spits out the vitriol in a week that Coulter loses to her shower drain any given morning.

I don't generally subscribe to the "slippery slope" paranoia. But with Coulter, it seems obvious that her single agenda is to divide America. With a laugh and a witch's cackle. {shudder} I can only pity her raging hate, and hope that this is enough.

I'm not going to look up the choice quotes because it's not worth the effort. In fact, I'm not going to think about her anymore. I am currently burning my issue of Time. Done.

I am now huffing glue so that the terrible hatred will be erased from my mind.

What were we talking about? Some skinny blonde chick? Hunh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home