Thursday, October 06, 2005

Fog

We both came-to at the same moment, in the moonless dark.

We staggered to our feet in a thick, thick fog. We could have lifted ourselves on the haze.

In the near distance marched dozens of shapes. They slowly resolved into hundreds of hooded sweatshirts. Sweatshirts without faces.

We faced roughly north, and they were moving south. Silently they approached, silently they parted where we were shivering in our hypothermia and confusion.

Soon they passed, the fog filling quickly behind them.

To this day, we both remember this as being the single most bizarre incident of our young, stupid lives.

4 Comments:

At 10/06/2005 05:26:00 AM , Blogger rich bachelor said...

I feel strange saying this here, since this particular post has almost nothing in the way of comedy, but-
Why are you the only motherfucker on this entity that we here call the word-wide intra-net that makes me laugh the fuck out loud?
Christ, I'm a damn funny man, but I wish I had a wafer-thin slice of your comedic talent.
Who are you? Demon!

 
At 10/06/2005 08:10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stand by rich bachelor: comedic talent personified is what you are, my man. Along with other great qualities, I'm sure.

I'll be watching for your post on "dreamsets"; I'd love to see some of the replies to that one.

Did you ever find out who the hoodies were?

 
At 10/06/2005 01:13:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Rich Bachelor - Thank you much. Generally I just amuse myself in "real" life. There are some much funnier people linked over on the right --->

Nilo - Been thinking about the dreamsets for a while.. might be a while yet :)

I have absolutely no idea who those people(?!) were, or what they were doing.

 
At 10/07/2005 10:26:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

I like that others get to see the genius behind the man I married. Now you know why I had to have him the first time I met him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home