Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A few things that I've learned as a dad



1. The Alphabet song and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" are the same tune.

2. The names of each of the Telletubbies and Wiggles.

3. The Diaper Genie beats out the wheel as the most important invention of all time.

4. Even more respect for my own dad.

5. Now I understand the mini-van.

6. Day-old formula is the worst smell on Earth.

7. The definitions of episiotomy, meconium, and other words that I am trying to forget.

8. Hugs are just about the best thing in the world.

9. Toddlers are super-sneaky geniuses.

10. It would be good to have a dog to hang around the highchair, because our cats don't eat vegetables.

11. Baby food really does taste as bad as it looks.

12. Heart squeezing, chest crushing love and dizzy, nauseating worry can be the same emotion.

3 Comments:

At 4/20/2005 07:59:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I'm not a dad, I don't even play one on TV, but I know that "I'm a little teapot" and the Final Jeopardy song are the same!

 
At 4/20/2005 10:12:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

It's funny. You go through life thinking that you're a reasonably intelligent human being with some musical background, and then you discover that two songs that you've sung your whole life are the same.

Well, I don't belt out the alphabet song in the car. Actually, I do. But I didn't when I was a bachelor. Much.

But still.

 
At 4/21/2005 11:02:00 AM , Blogger PSUMommy said...

Here's another tidbit to boggle the mind: Baa Baa Black Sheep has the same tune as The Alphabet and Twinkle Twinkle. It makes me wonder what else has the same tune...

And- we just got a dog. A wonderful, wonderful way to keep the floor under the table clean. Oh, and she gives someone for my 3-year-old to boss around.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home