Friday, June 17, 2005

Help keep your garden clean

I use Firefox almost exclusively, except for a very few work applications that work better with IE. So imagine my surprise when I did a quick check on my blog from IE, and noticed that all of the contact info, links, etc. were buried at the bottom of the page.

I tracked the problem back to an update I had posted 6/13 which had some text-rollover that confused the sidebar. For IE. Firefox was happy to keep showing me what I expected to see.

So my question is, why didn't anyone let me know? I know that 75% of you out there are using IE. Were you all thinking "Interesting, bold choice in layout. Not for me, but what a trend-setter!?"

On the other hand, I probably wouldn't go check out my favorite blogs and say "Hate what you've done with the place. If I were you..."

I just wanted you to know that I know that you know.

5 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 09:44:00 AM , Blogger Passerby A said...

Yo KOM. I use IE and your blog looks ok... all the sidebars are on the side as expected...

Lol... the only weird things are your posts, not the lay out.

 
At 6/17/2005 09:52:00 AM , Blogger kotamaris said...

IE sucks! LOVE Firefox. We also have network apps at work that must be in IE and those are fine. But for the wide world of Web surfing, EVERYONE should switch to Firefox. just my 2 cents

 
At 6/17/2005 10:33:00 AM , Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

I noticed the same thing on my site while useing IE on time on campus I think. I didnt worry about it though because I use FireFox all the time when I am at home and Id like to think everyone else does also.

 
At 6/17/2005 10:33:00 AM , Blogger Kara0303 said...

Who? What? Where am I? Computer talk...must..leave..before..brain..explodes...
:) Wish I knew more than I know about 'em.

 
At 6/17/2005 10:45:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I though you went in and dinked around with the HTML.
I though it was the "Look" you were going for or that you really wanted people to look over the WHOLE Blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home