Saturday, June 25, 2005

An old soul

The following is from separate interviews conducted when I was in 10th grade for an english class. I love C's answers:

The people that I interviewed included a friend A, my niece C, and my brother-in-law J. A is my age, C is about seven years old, and J is about 30. For convienence, I will only use the first letter of their name when listing their replies.

What do you feel is your purpose?
A: To be happy.
C: To do things.
J: To be happy.

Is knowing what life is about neccessary for happiness?
A: No, life is random. But what you know gives you purpose, it can
take the place of meaning.
C: No.
J: No. I still haven't figured it all out, and I'm happy!

What makes you happy, then?
A: Job security. Though you may get bored and want to change later...
it's an on-going process.
C: Reading, TV, playing with my friends.
J: My family, my good friends, and when I have money.

What is life?
A: A bunch of experiences.
C: Not being dead.
J: What we're always doing.

A, is there then purpose in experience?
A: No, experience is for a purpose

For what purpose?
A: There is no answer. You have to be happy with ignorance.

Do you think anyone knows about the meaning of life?
A: No, their viewpoints might be good for them, but less for me. In a
nutshell, no one knows what's going on.
C: God does.
J: I don't know... no person, I don't think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home