Friday, June 17, 2005

Shout to my better half

So.

The wife has started a blog.

This actually came as a complete shock to me; I had no idea that she was even interested until I got an email at work, the subject line reading "I did it!"

Be a good neighbor and check it out.

I'm not sure what I think about the title of her blog. Would I marry anyone less than a genius (though nerd she may be)? It's self-deprecating in the one way that I definitely don't think applies. But it's fun watching a blog form from the ground up, with no previous experience. Remeber the first few months of your own blog, when you had no voice, no direction? Yeah, I'm still living that. But it's fun to watch, too!

R is my better half, no doubt. Why she decided to go slumming for a boyfriend, I'll never know. But you certainly won't hear me complain. Much.

I've been mostly mum about my family; initially because this was my little get-away hobby, but increasingly because I didn't want to involve my family with the predators and crazies that lurk in the shadows and corners of the online community.

But since we're here, let me tell you a bit about R.

First, she's the salt of the earth. You only expect these kind of people to come from the mid-west. I don't think I've ever met anyone more forgiving, or more likely to see the positives in any situation.

Second, she's the biggest dork that I've ever been attracted to. I'm talking the most renaissance festival attending, Star Trek wearing, Civil War reenacting, Star-Wars reading, MST3K watching dork that looks sexy in a skirt. She floats like Yoda, stings like a Borg.

Last, but not finally, she's my best friend and world's greatest mom.

I've gone on too long. I'll let her explain herself if she chooses to continue with the blogging.

3 Comments:

At 6/18/2005 06:40:00 PM , Blogger PSUMommy said...

Okay, that was incredibly sweet. I love it that you married a dork. I did, too. Well, mine's more of a geek...

LMAO at "She floats like Yoda, stings like a Borg." I'm a huge Trek fan and love Star Wars. Does she like Sliders? Or SG-1?

 
At 6/18/2005 09:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Husbands and wives having blogs and knowledge of the other's blog is sick, twisted, immoral, and possibly gangly. I look forward to your self-censorship, and to filling in the blanks with my own dirty and submissive imagination subject to censorship by my own wife.

 
At 6/20/2005 02:51:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

PSUMommy - I can't remember if she watched Sliders. I think that was before "our" time. She makes fun of me when I watch SG-1.

YA - You are of course correct. But R has been reading this since the beginning, so the self-cencorship should be transparent.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home