Sunday, June 05, 2005

Vader built my hotrod

Cheez-It in conjunction with a galaxy far, far away, in their infinite wisdom, have offered me what I can only imagine they believe to be the coolest prize ever.


I wish that I could tell you that I had doctored this photo


That's right: "Get your own Star Wars Episode III POS."

I'm imagining Luke's old speeder. I picture it stripped and primered, but non-painted, with the words "4 sale!" written in house paint on the doors. I suspect the right-front fender is rusted out.

I chalk this up to Empire cut-backs. I don't want to look a gift-tonton in the mouth, but I have the force power to turn a perfectly good vehicle into my own personal piece of shit in less than 12 parsecs.

Han Solo, eat your heart out.

Thank you, salty processed cheese-food product, but I recently got rid of my Festiva. I don't need another POS.

11 Comments:

At 6/06/2005 02:36:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

HAHAHAHHA

Took me a while... "point of sale?" "possibility of sanity".... "piece of s..."

OHHHHHHHHHHH!

I never said i was smart...

 
At 6/06/2005 04:53:00 AM , Blogger Kara0303 said...

Do you think I could win one a rundown version of those big white things that walk around like a mechanical animal, or a shorted out R2D2? Cuz if so, I want my very own Star Wars POS. I know you're very impressed with my vast knowledge of the movies...

 
At 6/06/2005 07:16:00 AM , Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

I think id go for something smaller, like the thing Darth Maul rode in on in Ep 1. Now that thing looked like it would be fun!

 
At 6/06/2005 07:49:00 AM , Blogger Venessa said...

OK...who let the nerds of their leashes?? Just jokes, kids. ;)

 
At 6/06/2005 11:30:00 AM , Blogger Venessa said...

McGyver style...very nice.

 
At 6/06/2005 02:59:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Sorry folks, just got word that the POS offer is for a "pod racer" consisting of two lawn-blader engines attached to a beach chair by yarn.

 
At 6/06/2005 04:56:00 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

you had a festiva ???? *swoon*

 
At 6/06/2005 08:25:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

swoon????

ohmy!

:x

 
At 6/07/2005 06:11:00 AM , Blogger David said...

A Cheez-It POS..

I am sure it is orange with holes painted on it to resemble a block of cheese.

I hope the yarn is the industrial kind anyway.

 
At 6/07/2005 10:26:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

It's true, I loved that car. But it was still a POS.

 
At 6/07/2005 10:47:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoas- I just realized that title's a Ministry/Butthole Surfers reference. I remember my heyday grooving to Ministry and Butthole Surfers and making fun of the 30-something-year old guy that spun yarns of jamming out to Foghat- because "They rocked harder than anybody, man." It makes me want to curl up and cry myself to sleep to know that I am now "That Guy."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home