Thursday, July 21, 2005

A brief dream VIII

They must be putting something in the water...

I have two jobs, and they have intersected at an unlikely place.

My main job is working for a corrupt Union boss, making sure that the cops never get too close to the truth about the "disappearances" that seem to come up every time there is a labor dispute. Instead of an office, I sit at a grade-school desk with 30 or so other operatives in a preschool. For our latest efforts, we all got $10K bonuses printed on a check emblazoned with Mr. Peabody.

I also moonlight, on retainer, for a Japanese game developer and Anime director. He is just known by "Akira", being too cool to have two names. While he makes animated movies, he likes to use real set pieces. And wherever he films, he brings his cats.

He always loses his cats, though. I am there to find them.

By a strange turn of events, the scene of one of the "disappearances" is also one of the lots that were being used as a set piece. I was madly trying to explain myself to both the cops and Akira when I woke up.

4 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 10:06:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

You mena that's NOT what you do all day?
It's a dream?
Hmmmm.

 
At 7/21/2005 11:36:00 AM , Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Wow. That's odd.

But, how cool to work for an anime director! I'd love to work for the people who make Naruto. Or, in the alternative, Sailor Moon.

That's an awesome dream, Kom. ;)

 
At 7/21/2005 03:26:00 PM , Blogger Kara0303 said...

You're on your own there, big guy. Unless of course I can get you my address for you to send a check... I am going to Greece in a few months and could really use the money...

 
At 7/22/2005 10:35:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

I just wanted to say, Kara, that I spent all yesterday evening trying to figure out what your reply meant. "If it weren't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college".

I was going to tell you that the check was just dreamed... it would be difficult to send.

I think I get you today, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home