Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Painful childhood memory, V1.0


I ran across this post by Smoking Trash, and was reminded of a childhood "indescretion" that still haunts me.

I had this Lite-Brite toy and loved it. I would use the "paint-by-numbers" templates to make Warner Brothers Cartoons, Super Hero's, etc.

But one day I got creative and "drew" a picture of my parents. And me. Holding a gun.

The blood from the matri/patricide oozed along the bottom of the page. I showed my masterpiece to one of my friends and he asked me "Why did you make the blood dark, not red?"

"Because," I told him "it's dried."

7 Comments:

At 7/13/2005 03:32:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

OHMYGOSH! I have a Lite-Brite set - and i just donated it to my nephew! It was in my attic until about 3 months ago... and now it's all there for a whole new generation of fun :)

I didn't do anything like you did tho. I was a bit more girly and did a picture of Strawberry Shortcake. :D

 
At 7/13/2005 04:16:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, I just did abstract art with mine. A few landscapes. But yours...scary shit man, really scary LOL.

 
At 7/13/2005 06:40:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I was cool until the "it's dried" part.
You got issues man.
We have GOT to party some time!!!!!! :)

 
At 7/13/2005 10:17:00 AM , Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I don't even want to know what you did to Mr. Potato Head.

 
At 7/13/2005 12:18:00 PM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

He's got "issues" alright and they aint a stack of "Highlights" he's had since childhood either!

More Goofus than Gallant if'n you catch my drift.

 
At 7/13/2005 01:18:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

I had to look up Goofus and Gallant (that's a freaky memory of yours, J). Man, that Gallant is a total square. Yep, kids - take his advice. You're sure to succeed. Or get beat up a lot.

 
At 7/13/2005 11:08:00 PM , Blogger T.C. said...

You think he has issues? My little sister once ignored the lite-brite patterns and industrially carved her version of Satan.....she was eight. My parents still don't know what hit them. My sister, for the record, is well-adjusted and stable....just a little kooky. Mind you, I think we all harbour a hint of destabilized insanity within us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home