Friday, July 22, 2005

Shall I shop for you... update.

Filtering through some stats, I noticed a link from a Blog with a .jp domain. I'm glad I did - it appears to be a round-up of thoughts regarding the Passion of the Christmas photo that I briefly discussed.

It was fun to see the english translated into Japanese and then back into english. My post would have been much better if I had in fact stated:

"In the boing boing which conveys this insanity to me appreciation. It is a little difficult to understand the left side of this strange Japanese announcement. Stopping the hand of work, you stared this photograph 30 minutes, but whether this has meant what you could not understand completely."

Fucking brilliant. "Stopping the hand of work." Wax on, wax off.

Forgiving the brain-jarringly difficult Google translation, we come to the conclusion:

"However " we would like to see it is thought to happen to see, for example in word of the Japanese christianity magazine life, this poster " the designer or the copywriter are not Christian. They " this is not parody under any condition, problem we would like to raise the fact that Christmas of today loses original meaning ", that, you say this poster was made. (Omission) you are surprised in the form which sees the essence of this movie than Christian, ", don't you think? it is to have caught favorablily. Here you call difference of culture?"

Yep. I think we would definately call it a cultural difference.

2 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 05:38:00 PM , Blogger SassyAssy said...

Stop the cacophony!

 
At 7/25/2005 08:29:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Ha!

Ha!

Ohmigod. That is friggin funny!

We should get them to translate madlibs sometimes.

Oh, my sides hurt!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home