Thursday, October 06, 2005

Fruitless searches and poetic nonsense

I spent a good deal of time today scanning through the approximately 880,000 Google listings for haiku machine. I had to put the kibosh on the excercise when I'd looked at so many sites that I completely forgot what the hell I was trying to find.

The words have become meaningless. Hi-koo-mush-een. Koopa-trooper-pooper-scooper.

I took a long look into the reflection of my face staring back at me from the window. "Under what possible circumstances would you be searching for hiccup mocha?" it seemed to ask.

"Haiku machine," I angrily corrected, just as a co-worker was walking by my open door.

"Excuse me?" asked the startled co-worker.

"You heard me," I screamed, "HAIKUMACHINE! HAIKUMACHINE! HAIKUMACHINE!"

What I really said was "Nothing."

So that I can close this sad chapter in my life, I leave you the following, taken from a recent post and translated into Korean and back:

But with the last enemy him (we... The unpronounceable Hu lang when the silence regarding his name which is will be wrong as the this called, must do) in us in his house with him with after requesting our trains which it does will arrive until... He is letting us comfort.

4 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 08:09:00 AM , Blogger Passerby A said...

Haikumachine? Where?

 
At 10/07/2005 08:27:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

He IS letting us comfort isn't he.

Doesn't that look like the Haiku DIva we used to know? What ever happened to her?
There's this chick who's OBSESSED with food who looks similar, but it's just not the same.

Hey, remember that time kaci commented on my Blog and it LOOKED like a haiku, but wasn't and when I told her she missed a syllable in her Haiku you spit coffee or something all over your keyboard?

That was cool.

Good times....good times.

How come I can't make people do that anymore?
Where's my funny?

 
At 10/07/2005 10:22:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Try typing with your mannequin arms instead. You should see instant results!

 
At 10/08/2005 12:10:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

J - You speak the truth. And that was truly, truly funny. You've never lost the funny, so I don't know why you have to lament its loss from time to time. But I think the funny often finds itslef in off-hand comments, the previous exchange as an example.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home