Monday, May 16, 2005

Haruchai & despair

I just finished Stephen Donaldson's "The Runes of the Earth".

My brief but intense love of fantasy has been bookended by the Thomas Covenant series.

What more can I say? I read Lord Foul's Bane before I read the the LOTR series. Later, much later, I finished the second chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

And now I have read the first installment of the last Chronicles.

As I understand it, we will not get another book for 2 years or so. God dammit! I draw on the eldritch earthpower to make Donaldson write faster. What boon, that?

Thank god I'm not a nerd, or I might take this seriously.

3 Comments:

At 5/17/2005 06:05:00 AM , Blogger David said...

I have a lot of time on my hands at work, I read a lot here but do not read at home for some reason. I went to this one rig with no books of my own and I started reading the Dragonlance series by Margaret Weis. I read 3 of her books in the week I was there, came home and bought every one of them. I finished them and am two books away from finishing the 22 books written by R.A. Salvatore. I have never read LOtR but think I will read those next, or try out the Chronicles.

I take it you like the Chronicles?

 
At 5/17/2005 05:01:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Yes, but it's a love/hate thing.

 
At 5/18/2005 02:00:00 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Have you read George R. R. Martin? The song of ice and fire series is great. If you haven't, try it. I don't think you will be disappointed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home