Sunday, May 15, 2005

Scribbling and bibbling, bibbling and scribbling

I heard on the radio that police have announced that they found the "donor" of the infamaous Wendy's soup finger. The commentator quipped "Why do we always get this kind of news at lunch?" and, "I guess he was fingered!"

The radio also told me that the government is considering closing down the naval base in Groton, Connecticut. This is where I was born. I guess it's true that you can never go home.

The sun has peeked out from behind the clouds for seemingly the first time since November. All the women are wearing halter tops and shorts. Ahh, the most magical time of year.

My hit counter has been through the roof with "doodle bops" searches. I cringe that peope would click my blog for information! By the by, FF, I get at least 5 hits per day for "sticky white panties". I guess I've got to pay this dubious honor forward, somehow. What I want to know is, who is actually looking this up? I'm down with kinky, but what makes this the search of choice?

Somewhat related, I have been thinking about posting about working for Michael Chiarello and NapaStyle, but I'm nervous about how quickly and accurately the search engines parse these poor pages. I don't want to be sued for slander, although anything that I write would be true (if not flattering). It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who I am, and I'm sure that he has an army of (bork-bork!) chef-lawyers that would love to have my ass.

I just wanted you all to know that I did not (alas, again) win the CA state lottery. When I do, I will make an effort to visit each and every one of you, and will come with a bouquet of expertly rolled $100 bills. It's the least that I could hypothetically do.

Blogging has taken a serious toll on my online chess involvement. Somebody tell me that they play, so that we can play. I promise you that I'm so out of practice that I would gladly take a pawn's advantage.

One final thought. What's up with people saying that they are "more mature" than other people their own age? Is it just me, or does this indicate a lack of maturity? And why doesn't it end in middle school? Why are 40 year-old women telling me this? Trust me, you really, really don't want to know.

12 Comments:

At 5/15/2005 02:56:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

OOh $100US = $130EOoD, und a persunel feesit frum yuoo tu here-a in Oostreleea? Voo! Hoo generuoos!

It's sed it's becumeeng Soommer zeere-a becoose-a it meuns Veenter is oon its vey here-a und I nefer get tu see-a deyleeght fur eruoond 4 munths. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Loocky fur yuoo *seegh*

 
At 5/15/2005 06:31:00 AM , Blogger David said...

I hope they prosecute that lady that did this to Wendy's. Things like this drive the $1 menu up to $2. They have to recoup the millions they are loosing somehow.

When you bring me my roll of hundreds KOM, we can kick back and drink some Diet Dr. Pepper and shoot the shit.

 
At 5/15/2005 10:34:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I play chess, I suck, but I play.

Man, you were going to visit?

If I when Powerball I was just going to fly everybody here for a big blowout (blogout?)!

I'm over the Wendys thing, I got sick of turning on the news and hearing all the jokes already posted, told back to me a day or two later. I was begining to think all major media was reading my blog until my wife pointed out that I am no funnier than anyone else, so we all think up the same jokes.

By the by, don't forget to get your free small frosty from Wendys this weekend!
They're doing it to win back customers.

 
At 5/15/2005 02:38:00 PM , Blogger Venessa said...

I want my $100 in oragami swans! Glad to here you wouldn't forget the little people.

 
At 5/15/2005 04:14:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

What's a $1 menu?

We don't have Wendy's here in Australia (we are missing out I know). Wendy's here is an ice-cream chain, and Wendy's (burgers) can't use the name and won't swap to something else.

I've seen it in New Zealand and Singapore though. It looks yummy :D

It takes one freakazoid to bring down a junk food chain, huh? Why couldn't she pick McDonalds?!

 
At 5/15/2005 09:07:00 PM , Blogger MelTheFruitFly said...

I wish I could explain the sticky white panties thing... but really, it's an amazingly popular search. I wonder why not sticky pink panties, or sticky blue panties... ?

I've been getting a number of hits from doodle bops too, since I mentioned them in my Great Space Coaster post... so I guess I have you to thank for that. :)

Wish I could play chess, but I'm afraid that - despite my BF's insistence that it's a fascinating game - I get bored with it in seconds. Can't seem to get it.

I am personally less mature than people my age, so I definitely can't explain people who claim to be more mature. (Though I did that when I was 14.) I'm reminded of my lack of maturity all the time, most recently when I was watching Duck Dodgers tonight and thought it was hilarious that they spoofed Samurai Jack... and realized that most 30 year old women wouldn't get that at all.

And that's perfectly ok with me. :)

 
At 5/16/2005 06:12:00 AM , Blogger Caro said...

i love the way you phrased "the radio told me"....i dont know why that struck me, or why i'm beingso easily sticken my random language usage today.
=)

 
At 5/16/2005 08:32:00 AM , Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

It's just wrong what that lady did to Wendy's. She had me boycotting that place for no reason. Poor Wendy. I bet this made her pigtails fall down. :(

 
At 5/16/2005 11:30:00 AM , Blogger kotamaris said...

Hey, thanks for the kind post on my modest little blog. Still feeling things out there. And may I just say that I have heard from very reliable sources that Michael C. is an arrogant a**hole. I would love to read your stuff if you ever figure out the avoiding litigation thing. Keep up the good work. I quite enjoy your blog.

 
At 5/16/2005 12:49:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Squish - No hable Borky-bork. $1 menu's offer several items for under a buck.

David - Maybe I'll bring the drinks, too?

Venessa - You will get rolls, and you will like it!

J - No funnier? Bah.

FF - It takes all kinds, I guess. I haven't seen Duck Dodgers, but I've watched a couple episodes of Samurai Jack. Fly? No. Jump good.

Caro - I suppose your going to tell me that that there aren't little people inside my radio speaking to me directly?

Reese - I just hope that they don't try to bring Dave back through CGI. Creepy.

Talleulah - Many thanks. I'll get around to posting about MC someday... 1 year later and I've still got to vent!

 
At 5/16/2005 03:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still feel like a little girl whenever I go anywhere. I feel like I am shrinking to my 12 year old self whenever I am in a meeting, or standing in line at the lab at Kaiser, or driving by a police officer when school is in session. I keep waiting for the grown ups to pat me on the head and tell me I'm a good girl! I would find it hard to believe myself if I said I was more mature than my years.

And I am totally down for a free "Frosty" this weekend - what a way to feed the cravings!!

 
At 5/16/2005 04:57:00 PM , Blogger Passerby A said...

Don't forget me... You can mail the $100 bill to me though...heheheheheh.

I was on my school chess team (gasp!!!). It was a cool thing to do in those days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home