Friday, May 13, 2005

I control the vertical - and the horizontal

For all of the hemming and hawing below, I still consider myself a religious fellow.

I may have forgotten to tell you all, but I am an ordained priest.



I removed my given name from the document, but the rest I assure you is true. A dear friend of mine asked me to officiate his wedding. How could I say no?

In the end, any given practicioner of religion is just a person with a piece of paper that says that they are legitimate.

Well, the documents have been filed with the state, and I am truly an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church. Like Chris "in the morning" Stevens, I can legally marry you. How fucked up is that?

7 Comments:

At 5/13/2005 01:51:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

I miss Northern Exposure.

Did you get it thru Rolling Stone too?

heheh

 
At 5/13/2005 02:12:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

I loved that show as well. Actually, I will probably bring it up again in reference to my friend's need to view life as a revisionist. But that's for another day.

I did not get my ordination through rolling sonte. Actually, it was much easier. One simple on-line poll and I was a minister of the faith. With a certificate and legal filings to boot.

I love this country sometimes.

 
At 5/13/2005 02:36:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary shit man, scary shit.

 
At 5/13/2005 06:12:00 AM , Blogger David said...

You got ordained online? Now how cool is that!

 
At 5/13/2005 12:48:00 PM , Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Wow. Okay, I'm gonna call you Father KOM from now on. ;)

 
At 5/13/2005 07:08:00 PM , Blogger PC said...

Heheheheheha. K, that's a wedding that would be great to see.

 
At 5/15/2005 12:51:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

I was inadvertantly unclear in my post. Let me say that while I have been asked to officiate, the wedding has not yet happened. In fact, he has not proposed, and she has not said yes. Regardless, they are already choosing the china for their registry...

I became ordained as a preemptive strike, and as a possible motivator for my friends to take the plunge. I'm not sure that I could actually go through with it, fearing the fires of hell (that I don't believe in...supposedly).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home