Sunday, May 08, 2005

Speaking of earthquakes!

Wow, that was a pretty strong tremmor. Living in California, I'm used to quakes that I can feel once or twice a year, but that was the first one since we moved to fairfield that I've been worried about.

I just ran into the master bedroom where my wife was sitting straight up and looking confused. I then ran over to the boy's room, where he slept through the whole thing.

We'll probably hear that this was only a 3.5 on the Richter. Whatever. I'm going to try to read the news and find out about our little (not so little) quake and then go to bed.

My wife and I have good news. Please see the previous post.

Happy Mother's Day! Earthquake and all!!

------------Update

As of 5/8/05, 2:04am, the official report is that we had a 4.1, centered within about 1 mile of my house. No injuries reported, a minor earthquake as they go. The proximity explains why I felt it so strongly, though.

7 Comments:

At 5/08/2005 07:12:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

Gosh - nothing like living on a fault line now, is there?

America sounds like a scary place - earthquakes, snowstorms, tornados, hollywood.... argh!


(ps congrats on bubs! Squishi is a good name.)

 
At 5/08/2005 08:17:00 AM , Blogger MelTheFruitFly said...

I still remember my first CA earthquake well. It was the Joshua Tree based one about 6 years ago... It was alternately terrifying (even though it was a slight shake where I was) and exciting.

I was lucky enough not to have to go through a big one. I hope you never have to either!

(Sorry, I'm on a commenting spree here.)

 
At 5/08/2005 01:03:00 PM , Blogger PC said...

Whow, hadn't heard about it, better call my mom in CA :-)

 
At 5/09/2005 05:51:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Man, you've posted a TON of stuff since I last read.

Sorry to hear about the BAD earthquake.
WOOHOO, for your GOOD earthquake!
The Wiggles ARE Sent from hell to punish us all! My neice stays with us sometimes and if you change channels and she even sees the SLIGHTEST flash of color, she will start jumping up & down yelling "Wiggles, Wiggles!"
it is truly terrifying!
I'm not familiar with this other spawn from the abyss, the Doodlebops, nor do I wish to be.

I think I covered everything since last time.

 
At 5/09/2005 06:07:00 AM , Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Man. I don't know how you people can live with earthquakes. I mean, where do you go when the ground starts shaking? It's not like you can fly. Scary.

 
At 5/09/2005 06:24:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

I'd be worried about the ground swallowing me up or something.

Then again, I wish that about once a week with my constant foot-in-mouth problems.

hehe

 
At 5/09/2005 08:43:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

It's 9:42am MT and you are now......drumroll please.........#1!

Yep, you are now #1 on Yahoo when searching "terri hatcher loses dress"!!
Congrats buddy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home