Wednesday, May 18, 2005

KOM bears his past. And laughs.

I had been looking for a way to host data since I started this blog. Rather, I had been thinking about looking for a way to host data since starting this blog. Because a very short Google search later I found what I was looking for.

Ripway is modest, but offers exactly what I need - free data storage. I've only been playing with them for a couple of days, so I can't tell you how awesome (or not) they are, but it's good to know that the service exists, whatever you choose. Especially if you, like me, are doing this for free and are willing to jump through hoops for free service.

So:

I had mentioned wanting to write below. This is the entry that won me the encyclopedic dictionary previously mentioned. Please understand that it was written 15 years ago, and I have not bothered to go back and look at it. Raw and as-is, so to speak. Enjoy.

The last piece of fiction that I wrote, 10 years ago (god, has it been this long?) is here. My testicles shrink at the thought of sharing, because it is so insanely bad. Keep in mind that I was drunk on "Red Wolf" and Paul Bowles when I wrote this. Then cut me some slack because I was a pothead. Otherwise, enjoy.

Finally, when I was a wee chap, I made a little side scrolling space shooter in BASIC. I've kept this jem for the hell of it. Every time I buy a new computer, it and it's cousins are among the first things to be transfered. You can never go back home, but sometimes you can remember what it was like. Again, enjoy.

The above file is in .BAS form. It should be text-readable, but will need a QBasic application to run. I didn't want to share the compiled form, because it was written 100 years ago, and computers have become far too powerfull. I installed a delay in the first lines to acount for this. Just increase the "for i, next i" loop to slow the program down to managable speeds. Then you may need Qbaisc for windows to run the puppy.

1 Comments:

At 5/19/2005 09:24:00 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I actually really enjoyed the first one. The First Night however, I am going to have to re-read. So opinion is pending.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home