Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A little about KOM

The Diva of the Office asked:

You see dead people? And I thought I was crazy -They are everywhere.
That's as good a first question as any, I guess. I've seen dead people, but luckily I don't see them everywhere. Maybe you are crazy?



Jerk of All Trades asked:

Why does Bob Sagat KEEP getting work in Hollywood?
Have you ever sucked cock for marijuana? He works hard and is apparently willing to do anything for something.

Who's you favorite Stooge? George W. Does not count!
This one's tough. They're all kind of assholes, aren't they. Let's say Shemp.

Did you have sex with Jenna, and what was THAT like? She was kinda hot! Will your wife be mad at you for anwering that question?
No, the relationship never took that direction. She was my closest female friend at the time, and I think a couple of my emotions got crossed. I think that to piss off my wife, I'd have to dig deeply into the black corners that I'm afraid to look in. Everything else she knows.

How did you meet your wife?
My wife and I "met" several times. The first time was at a birthday party in highschool where our band was playing. The next time was at a party at her house. Finally during a Holloween party at a mutual friend's house is when we started talking. That's kind of a funny story in itself, but for another post.

If you could write and direct a movie what would it be, and who would star in it?
A comedy-action-drama-sci-fi-snuff. Everything that I would do in Hollywood would star Christopher Walken. Think "Di di mao!" in space, with puppets.

Are you right or left handed?
Right.

Did we REALLY land on the Moon?
Yes.

Why are there not more questions here?
Either I'm doing my job and answering all questions before they can be asked, or no one loves me.

What the HELL is going on with the "Niners"?
Two words: John York.

Should I have this looked at?
I didn't want to say anything, but I'm surprised you've let it go on this long.

What have not done, that you always wanted to do?
Be able to fly. Or finish college.

Here's an easy one. He played for Notre Dame & The "Niners". Whos jersey am I wearing today?
Joe thanks you.

What's you record for consecutive questions asked?
Being asked, or asking others? Strangely, both are exactly 53.

Are you EVER going to answer these PRESSING question?
Yes. The 49ers have many issues including their owner. A rebuilding year has become a rebuilding decade, and first pick in the draft hasn't helped in a year where there are few break-out players. It still looks bleak.
Did you mean Jenna?

Should this be my last question?
This time around, yes.



Kaci asked:

What is the one word that most appropriately describes you in a whole.
Gestalt.

How mad would you be if I told you that I changed my url to kaciland.blogspot.com right after you just fixed my link? *LOL* There's a question.
Mad? Maybe just enough to not fix the link for a while... I'll give it another 3 or 4 days to make sure you don't move the URL again.

Do you drink coffee?
I love coffee with a passion. Unfortunately it gives me the shakes and makes me nervous, so I generally only drink decaf anymore. And even then not often.

What is your favorite movie?
I would have to say Amadeus.

Who is your rolemodel, if any?
My Dad. Rather, he's the person that I admire the most. But I guess rolemodel means someone that you emulate, so... Andy Capp.



FruitFly asked:

Ok, I'll be the stick in the mud and ask serious questions. :)

If faced with a life or death situation and you living depended on you naming your all time favorite book/poem/piece of prose, what would that be? (I'm just sort of assuming, being the reader that you are, that question is as difficult for you as it is for me.)
Book: This one is difficult. When I was 16, I would have said The Great and Secret Show. At 18, Magister Ludi. 2o, Giles Goat Boy. 21, Crime and Punishment... Recently I've been leaning toward the The Sot-weed Factor. But I'm sure that will change as well.

Poem: I don't read much poetry. I did read something funny in the MST3K Episode Guide about Ator. I believe it began something like:

Sinew.
A warrior approaches.

Prose: What's this? Am I supposed to say Chaucer?

What K. Vonnegut books *haven't* you read?
I just did a brief Google search, so I may have missed something. But I believe that I have not read: Slapstick, Jailbird, Canary in a Cat House & God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkain.

Why is your moniker KOM? (I may have missed an explanation along the way.)
I think that I've mentioned this a couple of times, but I explained it at the end of this post. Appropriate given that I'm again borrowing an idea from the local blogosphere.



Desiree asked:

Since you say that all men are always trying to get at females, no matter what they say, do you think that exists in blogger world too? Are you trying to "get at" J's harem of women too?
Did I say that? Let me amend it... no, nevermind. It's probably basically tue. I think it exists in the blog world for some people. I read an article recently about a couple that met and married through their blogs. But I'm a bit of a solipsist (if you can be a 'bit' of this), so as soon as the computer turns off, so do you all. I'd have to meet you in person to realize that I was interested. No, I'm not trying to "get at" J's harem. Actually, I feel more like a bull in a china shop.

Do you have an internet blogger girlfriend?
Nope.

An online crush?
I'm so tempted to say yes, if only to drive you crazy by not letting you know who it is. But no.

Did my cute smile guy really call you to tell me he's not really pshycho?
Yes, and he asked me to say to you "It's always raining when the eagle lands". Made me repeat it to make sure I got the message right, and said you'd understand.



Shamus O'Drunkahan asked:

Have you had a colon exam?
Waiting until I'm 35.



MPH asked:

Just how awesome do you think I am?
Somewhere between Jeff Dahmer and Aretha Franklin.



Tutu's Amazon asked:

Are you going to take the garbage out?
Is it garbage day already? If I do that, it's just going to get full again. Best to let these things be.

2 Comments:

At 5/04/2005 08:36:00 PM , Blogger MelTheFruitFly said...

Actually, I meant book OR poem OR prose. But you answered completely. :)

Most (if not all) of the Vonnegut you haven't read would appear to be his more recent work, and he's slipped a bit if you ask me.

Thanks for answering. Sorry I didn't come up with more... we stayed busy all damn day. (Which is a good thing overall, it just eats into my blog surfing time.)

 
At 5/04/2005 09:14:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

No reason to thank me - I like talking about my favorite subject (myself).

I read Timequake a year or so ago. It wasn't Cat's Cradle (what is?), but I enjoyed it. He seems a bit more... reflective? these days, but he's still better than 95% of the stuff out there.

Damn work eating into blog surfing time. Don't get me started.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home