Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Where do you get a bun that big?

Ahh, America. Where nothing is enough, where there are microwave instructions for Pop-Tarts and Hummer's are single-occupancy vehicles.

Today we have a new jewel in the crown of our greatness. Behold the world's biggest hamburger.



Highlights: 15 lbs total. 10.5 lbs beef, 25 slices of cheese, 1 1/2 cups each mayo, relish mustard and ketchup. Plus a whole head of lettuce, 3 tomatoes and 2 onions, for those heart-healthy people.

Judging by the photo, the mere sight of this burger causes grown men to go stark, raving mad. When it's ordered, cows as far as 35 miles away perk their ears and shudder.

God bless the fine folks in Clearfield, PA. for keeping the union strong by closing the dreaded "burger gap" with the North Koreans.

5 Comments:

At 5/04/2005 04:06:00 PM , Blogger PSUMommy said...

What can I say...there really isn't much to do in Clearfield. Or the surrounding towns for that matter. The story made the front page on the Sunday paper in at least one of the neighboring towns! I personally think its awfully funny that this made msnbc and yahoo! news and who knows what other news sources. What did our mothers teach us? Ignore it and it'll go away???

 
At 5/04/2005 04:07:00 PM , Blogger PC said...

I've heard this story from 3 people at work now! Great to finally see a photo!

 
At 5/04/2005 05:57:00 PM , Blogger Passerby A said...

Let's do lunch... I'll drive!

 
At 5/04/2005 08:38:00 PM , Blogger MelTheFruitFly said...

The inclusion of relish just ruins the whole thing for me.

 
At 5/04/2005 09:02:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Kaci - I'll have my people talk to their people.

PSUMom - How funny that you're from those parts. I guess small towns just like to have the world's [adjective] [noun]. I'll have to post sometime about my drive through Kansas. That was surreal.

PC - Everyone needs to see this. Except the infirm or very young.

Diva - You fly, I'll buy.

Fruitfly - I hear ya, sister. I love vinegar, but hate pickles. Go figure. Although, to be honest, they lost me at 10 lbs of beef.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home