Friday, July 29, 2005

All that's old is new again

What strange confluence of the stars made Faith No More pop back up on the radar?

First the Levi's commercial with FNM's cover of Easy Like a Sunday Morning, then the commercial for the new Discovery Channel program Dirty Jobs featuring We Care a Lot (which happens to have the line "It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.")

I expect to hear a Kidz Bop commercial featuring screeching minions butchering Epic.

Then the cover of War Pigs for a Gulf War drama.



You know, who the hell died and made Mike Patton King Shit? I love the Mosley albums. I mean, to begin Death March with the following exchange is just brilliant:

"Can I get a transfer, man? 95 cents! Fuck you, I'll skate to the beach - and I'll look better gettin' there."

Or better yet, the dialogue at the beginning of The Crab Song with lines like "I love you, come back!" superimposed with "Stay out! Bitch!"

Well, to be honest I have a low threshold for "brilliance", but I still think it's pretty cool.

Where ya be, Chuck? Come back to us!

5 Comments:

At 7/29/2005 01:19:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Don't tell that to Scotty - do you remember the night he made us listen to the "Nestle Chocolate" commercial that Mike Patton wrote, and the song that was all cartoon noises. We made fun of him mercilessly after that! I don't think he's quite gotten over it!

 
At 7/30/2005 10:57:00 AM , Blogger Yawn said...

What? You haven't heard about that new Misfits Saturday morning cartoon? Led by Glenn Danzig, the Misfits fight werewolkves, vampires, mummies, all kinds of monsters.

And then there was that Dead Kennedys "reunion" tour. I used to tease kids in punk rock chat rooms with that one- "Yeah man, they're having a reunion tour this summer!" Nobody believed it, then it happened.

I also chatted all about Misfits action figures. Then that came to pass.

I think somebody was stealing my ideas out of that chatroom and putting them to work.

 
At 7/30/2005 11:51:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Porter - Fuck yeah, they rock!

R - Poor Scotty is insane. What's particularly funny about the story is that MP had nothing to do with the jingle. He just sang it, because he's weird.

YA - Doesn't Danzig host the PBS "body-right" episodes?? "Mother. If you want to bang heads with me... eat your vegetables first! Yaaaaah!"

 
At 8/01/2005 03:21:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

I thought they died off in the 80's. But then again, the Village People have never died off now, have they?

;)

 
At 8/01/2005 01:53:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Mike Patton didn't even write it? What was the big deal then? That Scotty is insane. It was still funny though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home