Thursday, August 25, 2005

An imagined exchange

Producer 1: We need to string a few licks together, something hard rock.

Producer 2: Yeah, something fast and ridiculous and in your face!

Joe Satriani: And what's this for again?

P1: We're making a movie about two time-travelling idiots who lay the foundations of a future utopian society.

P2: Bong-head and Theo's Wild Ride.

P1: That's a working title, anyway. We imagine a scene in which a citizen of the future comes back to jam with his heroes.

JS: And that's where I come in?

P2: Sort of... we just need you to record it. We're going to have the actor pretend to play it.

JS: And who's that?

P1: We've got it down to Louie Anderson or George Carlin.

JS: I don't know, guys...

P2: And we're going to have Stevie Salas do the on-screen fingering.

JS: What! You don't even-

P1: {loudly} Allright, somebody get Yngwie on the line!

JS: {softly, head lowered} I'll do it.

6 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 09:17:00 PM , Blogger Kara0303 said...

hmmmm?

 
At 8/26/2005 01:33:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

hey i just realised you live near the Jelly Belly factory.

Location is everything.... (i live 600m as the crow flies from the Sara Lee factory!)

:)

 
At 8/26/2005 05:16:00 AM , Blogger Yawn said...

I wonder who'd win in a fistfight between Satriani and Malmstein. Axl vs. Slash? Ozzy vs. Randy Rhodes? Jello vs. East Bay Ray? Danzig vs. Rollins? Or, my favorite, Tesco Vee vs. that dude from Bad Religion.

 
At 8/26/2005 10:23:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

At least Steve Vai got to play his part in "Crossroads".
Poor Joe.

 
At 8/26/2005 04:53:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Thanks, Patrick. But I already sold it for a gallon of crazy horse.

Kara - Hunh?

Squishi - Well, I live near a jelly belly factory. Is it the factory? I'm not really into those things...

Yawn - C'mon, do you really wonder who would win in a fight between Axl and Slash? And Rhodes is hard to call... he can't win, but it's hard to beat up a dead guy... I'd pay to see Danzig and Rollins go at it, but I think I know who would come out on top.

J - That's absoultely terrible. Isn't Crossroads the Britney Spears Movie? I guess being a rock virtuoso doesn't pay so well, anymore.

 
At 8/29/2005 05:45:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

No, the Ralph Macchio/Blues flick.

I would NEVER watch a Britney Spears movie.......unless it involved her jumping up & down on a bed in her underwear.

Damn, I guess I DID watch that movie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home