Tuesday, August 23, 2005

KOM posts a picture, revels in the past

For those of you who missed the first few pivotal months of LP, I pity you. Go read the archives! But I intended to say that I have posted only one other picture of myself on this blog.

Until now.

The following is undated, but sometime after the whole Germany fiasco. Many more friend than are pictured joined us for this expedition to the "lost coast".


I'm the asshole with the shirt wrapped around his head.
I somehow acquired the nickname "Captain" on this voyage.


The short haired girl with the cigarette growing out of her head had a scene in the movie 'Jack'. She's listed in the filmography as "drug store clerk". She also made a gorgeous bridesmaid at our wedding. Now she's is Fresno. Fresno. WTF?

The guy in the foreground is a post or two unto himself. He was with me when I first went to Germany as an exchange student. Recently, he married a girl who was one of my best friends when I was 22, or so. I've mentioned her here. She's the one that forgot her birth control pills...

Mr. Laughy on the right is the craziest happiest motherfucker that I've ever met. We've had some really good times together, and some that were not so good. But he's a solid guy. I hadn't seen him in over a year when the wife and I got married. The murmur just got back to me a few months ago that he was somewhat offended that he hadn't been invited to the occasion. Sorry, buddy. This one's for you. And yes, crazy ass, I've mentioned you before, as well. He was the one drinking tequila and playing videogames. And just to set the record straight, it was Killer Instinct on the N64, not Mortal Combat.

9 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 01:18:00 AM , Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

I would hate to be the guy that got left out like the crazy guy did. Or am I already the guy that got left out?

 
At 8/24/2005 02:03:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

To be fair, no one that I knew had seen him in over a year. No one knew where he lived, even. I couldn't have invited him if I tried.

 
At 8/24/2005 06:01:00 PM , Blogger T.C. said...

It's not how I envision you. Then again, isn't always that way?

 
At 8/24/2005 08:44:00 PM , Blogger Yawn said...

That 30th neighborhood birthday's a bitch. All of 'em. Even 28 and his weakling gay bitch partner 27. Nastier yet is 31. These are years of reflection and actual;ly understanding that root from whence you spring forth- all the hippies and junkies and punks and queers and frat fuckers and shits and asshats, not to mention the fucktards, then you realize, well, shit's not so bad. Gimme 30 over 19 any day.

 
At 8/25/2005 05:26:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Dude, WHY did you have a shirt on yer noggin?

Is that a S.F. thing?

So THAT's the famous Brie Ramalamadingdongbananafana who was in "Jack", what happened to her acting career? Surely the last name didn't interfere.

I know, DON'T call you Shirley.

 
At 8/25/2005 07:49:00 AM , Blogger Passerby A said...

Such a tease! Bigger picture please!

 
At 8/25/2005 10:06:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

Commentator - it really isn't. That was from 8 years or so ago.

Yawn - Agreed. 30 over 19 anyday.

J - I don't remember. It was really windy, and I had long hair. Maybe I lost my hat? Or threw up in it?

I think Bria was just messing around. But your right, she should have chosen a screen name like "Steel" or "Jolie".

Diva - Sorry. Gotta maintain my shrinking anonymity. Maybe I'll just post a picture of someone that I find on the internet and say it's me.

"We had no idea that you were inuit!" you'd all say.

 
At 8/25/2005 11:14:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

You look suspiciously hippie-ish in that picture. I love that picture - I just love the expressions on everyone's face. It takes me back to that trip instantly. Like the crazy guy setting his camp stove on fire, then throwing it onto the raging camp fire. That was excitement! And the exploding beer bottles. What a trip!!

 
At 8/26/2005 12:26:00 PM , Blogger Moxie Cotton said...

I have a friend who lives in Samoa up there, goes to the lost coast brewery a lot...does that have anything to do with this at all? I think it might, in a distant "not really" sort of way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home