Tuesday, September 20, 2005

All you sucker DJ's who think you're fly...

I was thinking about Nirvana today. They were the first band that I remember MTV describing as "the buzz". This was before "buzz-worthy".

In fact, back in the dark ages of 1991, buzz was the word.

As I understand it, the previous word was Word. Word up.

Before that, even, Bird was the word.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So what we have learned is that in the beginning was the Bird. And the Word Up was with God, and the Buzz was God.

Of course, the Bird also stated "I am the I am." That is, "The Bird is the Buzz." Some sects translate this as "The Bird is the Word," but they are obviously heretics. Some fringe elements think that "The Word is the Buzz, word up," but they are routinely ridiculed and often beaten at airports.

Finally, there are those who believe that "Ich bin ein Berliner." This clearly translates not as "I am a person of Berlin", but "I am a jelly doughnut." If you don't believe me, look it up.

The word was never doughnut. This much is clear.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you should be kind to your web-footed friends, because a duck could be somebody's mother.

Word. Word and Amen.

7 Comments:

At 9/21/2005 03:39:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Buzz up!

 
At 9/21/2005 06:17:00 AM , Blogger Yawn said...

Now I KNOW you smoke marihuana.

 
At 9/21/2005 10:23:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Bumpa Ooh Mow Mow Bumpa Ooh Mow Mow.

 
At 9/21/2005 04:39:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Porter - I just meant that it might be one of those things that looks like it would be fun - until you're stuck doing it day in and day out...

Yawn - Smoked. But I guess once you've damaged that part of your brain you can always tap back in.

Kaci - Yeah, for the life of me I can't figure out why bird is the word. The word should be Avicide. BTW, I thought I just made up that word, but apparently it's real. Hunh.

R - Uhh.. are you singing the bridge to the Gorillaz Feel Good Inc.?

 
At 9/21/2005 06:56:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

hahah Kaci, yer prolly right.

For all these years i thought "Je m'apelle Michelle" meant "my name is Michelle", but I found out it actually means "I am a deranged idiot who drinks hallucinogenic tea".

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

 
At 9/22/2005 09:35:00 AM , Blogger Cincy Diva said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha h....HUH?

 
At 9/22/2005 10:43:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Those are actually lyrics to the "Bird is a Word" song.....

Everybody knows that the bird is a word
Bumpa Ooh Mow Mow Bumpa Ooh Mow Mow

You have to say "Mow" like "Ow"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home