Thursday, September 01, 2005

A secret

I have a secret.

I'm about to let it out.

I need to know that you won't tell anyone. Or if you do, say "I heard about this guy who...". Then lie about who you heard it from.

Tell 'em Grandma told you.

Better yet, say "I heard about this gal who..." Then tell 'em you overheard it at a gas station in Utah.

Better still, don't tell anyone.

I didn't know about this secret until about a week ago. It came as an epiphany, of sorts. An epiphette. And I felt so much better having realized it. I had never thought about it before, but if I had, I would have wondered "what's wrong with me?"

So maybe it's not that big of a deal. Hardly worth being a secret at all. In fact, I might just yell it from the mountain tops! The hills are alive, with the sound of KOM's former secret!

Ok. You may wish to return your tray to the upright position.

Here we go.

I don't like The Doors.

9 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 03:08:00 PM , Blogger Yawn said...

The Doors stink, stunk, and stank. The only Doors fans I ever knew lived in trailers and said stuff like, "I'm an Anarchist man, because dude I think Anarchy's cool man. I got some gold spray paint at home- let's go huff it up."

 
At 9/01/2005 04:37:00 PM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Is it because they had no bass?

 
At 9/01/2005 11:12:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Yawn - I know those people, too!

J - No, it's more because Morrison lyrics appear to have been written by Any Teenage Girl, USA. But somehow we've been suckered into believing this whole Lizard King BS.

I do like Crystal Ship. And that Whisky Bar song. But as a whole, I wish the "oldies" station would stop playing "Light My Fire". I think that the Doors are probably the most overated band that has slipped into "classic" status. Something that I trust the Kethup Sisters won't do...

 
At 9/02/2005 12:22:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

so it's not a secret anymore, is it? you've ruined that little bit of mystery about you now.

*sigh*

 
At 9/02/2005 06:46:00 AM , Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Thank God! I don't like the Doors either. But I did go to see Morrison's grave in France one time. Now that was cool!

 
At 9/02/2005 08:56:00 AM , Blogger PSUMommy said...

And all this time, I thought I was the only person alive who doesn't like The Doors! Good. I don't feel so guilty about it now.

 
At 9/02/2005 09:11:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

What do you mean, no bass? I played classical bass for many years, and my "jazz band" (now you know I'm really cool, huh?) played Riders on the Storm. It has a great bass line!

I never thought about disliking them, but I don't know that much about 'em. A little bit before my time. Lovin' Spoonful they ain't!

 
At 9/02/2005 09:16:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

r: The Doors had no bass!!! (Kids In The Hall)

Whatisface keyboard Manserick-guy played the bass line though, just no bass player.

 
At 9/02/2005 01:45:00 PM , Blogger Moxie Cotton said...

Yay! A brother in arms! I don't like them either, despite people's astonishment that anyone could not like them. Poo on that! No Doors!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home