Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Conversational vortex

My boss isn't a bad guy, but for some reason we are unable to communicate. I don't know if other people know what he's talking about and the fault is mine, or if he lives in constant frustration over the 'stupidity' of others. This exchange took place about an hour ago, and is very nearly verbatim.

{Ring}

"Hello?"

"I need you to do me a favor." (this always bothers me. As long as I get paid, I do what you want. Don't call it a favor.)

"What do you need."

"Our insurance is X, right?"

"Which insurance?"

"Our insurance."

"Vehicle insurance? Workers comp? Medical? Gener--"

"--Vehicle insurance."

"Yes, X is our vehicle insurance."

"Is the policy number ########?"

"No. It's ########"

"And that's for Y, right?"

"No... that's for carrier X."

"Then I need you to make a copy of all of our insurance ID's. I'll need two copies. One for me, one as a back-up for your records, and one each for shops A and B."

"So, you need 4 copies?"

"No, {frustrated exhale} two. One for both shops."

"Ok-"

"-And one for me. And another copy for your records."

"So-"

"-Two. Total. Two total copies."

{Click}

And did you want pickles on that?

7 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 04:24:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

OMG - you work for my boss, only that would have a distinct "curry" flavouring to it.

 
At 10/19/2005 07:57:00 PM , Blogger Kim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/19/2005 07:59:00 PM , Blogger SassyAssy said...

me thinks he needs to learn how to count...do you think such obscure questioning is a prerequisite for boss school?

 
At 10/20/2005 04:26:00 AM , Blogger David said...

No but I will take some fries, thank you very much. TWO orders if you will.

 
At 10/20/2005 09:12:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Oh, poor hubby!! I always figured you men could understand each other better than I can understand you!

 
At 10/20/2005 09:20:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I may complain about my boss, but at least he can COUNT!

 
At 10/20/2005 09:56:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit! You just shattered my illusion that I'm the only one who deals with people like that.

Yeah, I'll take pickles with that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home