Monday, October 17, 2005

The Official 301st Post

There was some jackass that posted #301 over the weekend. I removed it before too much harm was done. Well, harm was done, but I deleted it. We'll leave it at that.

Perhaps this is officially post # 303. Because I've deleted one other post as well. But I put a post up in its place. So the count still remains 301.

It's easy to forget how public a forum this (blogging) is. When I first started blogging, I made a promise to myself that I would post anything that I had bothered to write - unfinished or not. This lasted several moths until I started to use "drafts" as a notepad. Just one more promise to myself out the window. Then, a month or two ago, I had to remove a particularly whiny, needy post. Sometimes the things that are written in the wee hours of the morning should never see the light of day.

For example, a single line taken out of a draft that I've finally deleted, because it never bore fruit. Taken also completely out of any context that could redeem it:

I've never eaten while masturbating. Not yet.

Over the weekend, I posted something that really did not need to be said. Confusion about someone else, another blog, another situation.

It's difficult for me to realize that you all are real people. I tend to think that people go into "cold storage" when I'm not around.

So. Cryptic as it is, I end post #301. I hope that it will be a reminder to me about what is acceptable for me to post, and what is a needless commentary on another real person's blog.

8 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 03:51:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I'm not gonna write a haiku.

There once was a guy with a Blog.
He never quite what to log.
So he'd write up a draft, exclaim "This is Crap!", but he'd clear out his head full of fog.

Was it about me?
Is it about how I suck?
About how I don't post about what's REALLY going on in my life?
Because I get about 3 emails a day about that.

Was it about me and Cunny Drippingsworth?
She's just a phase I'm going through.
She's a fun girl, but it's nothing serious.

 
At 10/18/2005 05:23:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It depends on what there was to eat, I suppose...

Is there cheesecake? Chocolate Fudge cheesecake? I could make an exception...

 
At 10/18/2005 11:42:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

Thanks, Kaci. Always like the Haikus, too.

J - To be honest, yes. I dedicated a post to how you suck. I also spread vicious rumors about what's "really going on" in your life, and asked more people to email you.

TGIUTK - Too funny. This reminds me of George from Seinfeld trying to eat a sandwhich while under the covers with his lady.

 
At 10/18/2005 01:27:00 PM , Blogger Diane Mandy said...

In other words, you 86'd post 301? I'm just sorry I missed it. Now I'm curious.

 
At 10/18/2005 02:16:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Ha! You are so Homer Simpson it's hilarious!! You crack me up!

 
At 10/18/2005 03:02:00 PM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Dude, you need to stop doing that. I get enough hate mail already, well, DISLIKE mail.

Go back to dreams where we're hanging out and playing Frogger!

That was cool.

 
At 10/18/2005 04:33:00 PM , Blogger Jason said...

I have. I would get all into one and forget the other. Then I'd swing the other way for a while. It gets confusing and ends up taking way longer than if I were able manage my time properly. I learned my lesson and now you can set a Swiss watch to my masturbating and/or meals.
Don't look at me like that.

 
At 10/25/2005 04:29:00 PM , Blogger Kara0303 said...

Damn. I always show up fashionably late for the party and miss all of the juicy stuff. Hey, but at least my hair and make-up look good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home