Monday, October 10, 2005

I also dream in MASH

Last night I dreamt that I was Hawkeye from MASH. As the dream began, I was beginning to tell Father Mulcahy why I had been lead back to base by MP's.

The scene faded, and I had just picked up a new doctor from the airfield. We were driving my Festiva back to base. The new doctor (who's name I don't recall - we'll call him ND), began getting very agitated, and told me that he had been forced to enlist because his wife had caught him sucking his best friend's dick. He was sure that he couldn't handle being in the war, and was contemplating suicide.

We reached a checkpoint, and I decided to teach ND a lesson in letting go. Instead of slowing down, I smashed through the barricade and drove off as quickly as I could. There were several jeeps chasing us, and ND suddenly became very serious. While I was laughing and taking my hands off the wheel, he reached into his holster and withdrew his pistol.

The camera angle changed, and now the scene played from outside the passenger window. I could see ND holding the pistol to my head, telling me to fucking stop. I could see my pale face, streaked in sweat. I could smell the faint ammonia as the stain on my crotch spread. Even though I was watching myself, the fear was palpable.

I pulled over and was beaten by the guards, then handed off to military police to be taken back to base.

The scene faded back to Father Mulcahy and myself. I was trying to justify my actions to him, to try to make him understand why I had thought it was so important for ND to appreciate flying without a net. Mulcahy stopped me with a look and told me that while I had been in the barracks, ND shot himself.

8 Comments:

At 10/11/2005 09:33:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I haven't dreamed in MASH in a long time.

It sounds like you have some of the same dream issues that I do, where something just doesn't quite fit (like a Ford Festiva in 1950's Korea), and yet, it's all good in the dream.

My issues include: (1) my inlaws appearing in my dreams where they shouldn't (during sex dreams, usually), (2) Dreaming that I'm a teenager, yet knowing that I have a wife and kids (3) "Location Warp" (Walk out of my bedroom, and suddenly I'm in a grocery store or somewhere else (4) Being naked at school, work or church, (5) Or having people still be alive that have been dead for years.

You have much experience with any of those?

 
At 10/11/2005 09:56:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

Nilo - What's weird is that I never even really watched MASH, other than the random, home sick from school, syndication episode.

I mention the Festiva only because it's sort of an ongoing theme in my blog. If I were driving my civic, I wouldn't have mentioned it... And I did love that car, Kaci. Never intended to imply otherwise.

As far as the items that you mention specifically, I can't say that I dream often about my in-laws. But most everything else seems par for the course. I think it's why we can have so much trouble remembering dreams - they change around us so fast that it's often hard to catch onto a theme.

 
At 10/11/2005 01:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've seem pretty much every episode of MASH that there is, (there's like 2 hours of it on every night on the Hallmark channel) and I have NEVER seen an episode that was as exciting as the one you had in your dream.

 
At 10/11/2005 01:56:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Wow - that was a gnarly dream! My dreams do sometimes include people who have been dead for years, or friends that are no longer friends. Last night I dreamed that our son was wondering outside our bedroom door crying. A half hour later that dream became reality! Something tells me he had been crying earlier too!

 
At 10/11/2005 09:19:00 PM , Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I had a boyfriend sing me the Mash lyrics over the phone one time, weird huh? But, I also drove a Festiva. Coincidence? I think not!

 
At 10/13/2005 12:40:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

I have a Festiva named "The Minty Squirrel". It is famous.

 
At 10/13/2005 02:13:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Awesome! Another Festiva owner. We'll have to start a club. CPTCAnon - Cheap People in Tiny Cars Anonnymous :)

 
At 10/18/2005 02:43:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, cozy place you got here :)..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home