Monday, October 10, 2005

Same planet, different worlds

"I'll be the guinea pig of all the fun beauty things of God and stuff!"

I was trying to decipher the phrase above word by word. I got as far as 'fun beauty things' before I passed out.

While struggling back toward consciousness, the smallest spark of understanding took root. I think that this is what a Blonde Super Villain says moments before receiving the power that will ultimately destroy her. It's a triumphant baring of her wishes, hopes, very soul, before being ironically and satisfactorily cut down.

Think Shadrach, Meshach and Toht at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. "It's beautiful!" cries Belloq, moments before his head explodes.

Think Dr. Strangelove's "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" just as the doomsday device is triggered.

Think Grand Moff Tarkin, smug in victory, ordering the Deathstar to fire mere seconds before being atomized.

I have only one piece of advice for our BSV: Don't look at it. Shut you eyes, Tara, and don't look at it, no matter what happens.

2 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 04:11:00 PM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Crazy Tara!!

That chick can party!!

That sounds alot like a statement that hurt my brain years ago. It was something along the lines of "I am become infinite!" or "I am become power immortal".

Some villain DID say this in an old cartoon or SciFi thing. I can't recall. I think I blanked it out.

I am become wanting of elswhere.

Later P-Dog.

 
At 10/11/2005 01:57:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Ha! - you;ve been watching too much Buffy TVS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home