Thursday, May 19, 2005

Took the words out of my mouth

I live in the northern edge of the San Francisco bay area. It is a relatively short drive to Lake Tahoe, and in fact many people from the bay area make weekend visits. Every day I see vehicles with the "Keep Tahoe Blue" bumpersticker.



Let me rephrase that: Every day I see SUVs with the "Keep Tahoe Blue" bumpersticker. In fact, I don't believe that I've ever seen this sticker on a vehicle smaller than the space shuttle. This fact drives me to distraction, and I decided to go on a rant about it.

But while doing a little research before posting, I came across Jeremy Zawodny's blog, and found this short but great post.

The comments come from both sides of the debate, and this sets up an interesting exchange. The only thing that I will add is a sad head shake over the comments by the people that state how they need to drive an SUVs and don't see the irony in placing the Tahoe bumper sticker on a Hummer.

12 Comments:

At 5/19/2005 12:30:00 PM , Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

LOL! I saw a mother of two in an SUV with a Maryland license plate that said "Protect the Chesapeake." I laughed so hard. And then, I felt really sad.

 
At 5/19/2005 04:11:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

Why would ANYONE want to drive a hummer? Imagine reverse parking that thing!

(Incidently, i drive something as big as a matchbox, so even driving a normal sedan to me is like driving a tank - imagine me in a HUMMER?)

 
At 5/19/2005 05:54:00 PM , Blogger Alexander said...

Funny. But all to common. Sadly.

 
At 5/19/2005 05:54:00 PM , Blogger Alexander said...

too common

 
At 5/19/2005 07:36:00 PM , Blogger Passerby A said...

Really Loved Tahoe -
Snow and water skiing fun
Keep it blue! Boo hoo...

 
At 5/20/2005 12:19:00 PM , Blogger David said...

Need to go read the post to determine how SUV's are turning the water color. I always assumed it was the fish peeing in it....

 
At 5/20/2005 02:45:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Reese - I hear you.

Squishi - ittybitty penis.

PJR - thanks for stopping by. Grammar does not count at LP.

Diva - been to Tahoe?

David - LOL. I'm sure it is.

 
At 5/20/2005 07:14:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

took me a second there to get what you were saying - i thought you were saying *I* had an itty bitty bit, but being female and all... I realised you couldn't POSSIBLY be implying that.

Then i got it.

I wonder what it says then about men who drive itty bitty small cars like... festiva's then?

:D

 
At 5/20/2005 09:27:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

that was a compliment btw

 
At 5/20/2005 10:36:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Hence the wink. And not an innacurate compliment, if I do say so myself. And I have to say so myslef, because I don't know that anyone would agree...

 
At 5/21/2005 03:34:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/21/2005 09:50:00 AM , Blogger Passerby A said...

Been to Tahoe a few times during different times of the year. Hope that it is still blue when I visit it again with my girl...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home