Monday, July 11, 2005

An observation

I finally had a chance to hang out with Niel this weekend. We had been in contact for most of the week, and he knew that we were going out this weekend.

I called him Saturday night to let him know that I was at a friend's house for her birthday. I told him that we would be going to Henry's (bar) later, and that he should join us.

He told me to call him when we were on our way.

I finally called about 11:45. No answer; left a message. He never showed up.

I guess Niel is getting old, too.

4 Comments:

At 7/12/2005 03:43:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

No way man, on his way to meet you he ran into a tour bus full of lost Brazilian swimsuit models. They were here trying to find homes for abandoned puppies and kittens. He HAD to stop and help them. After they were done, he knew it was too late to meet up with you so he just partied with them on some rich guys yacht all night.
He'll catch up with you later.

 
At 7/12/2005 08:25:00 AM , Blogger Passerby A said...

I stood up a friend for lunch last week. I honestly honestly forgot and went out with another group of people. At 2pm he called me. Apparently, he was still at the cafe. I must be getting old too.

 
At 7/12/2005 09:28:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

Thanks, J. I'm sure you're right. Whew, I needed that.

 
At 7/12/2005 01:04:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Has J met Neil?

That's just weirdly accurate.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home