Thursday, June 30, 2005

Manilow, bugs and I

I feed the bugs.

Not as sexy as "I sing the songs," but I do.

And I don't make the "whole world cry," just my knees.

Now that it's summer, and I prance around in my short pants (prance, I do), I hit my knees on everything. Big globs of flesh go missing daily.

And I have no doubt that the "dead-skin" eating bugs see these strips of skin and think to themselves "Mana! Mana from heaven!" Yes, it's true. 40 bug-years in the desert of my office, and all that they have to eat are my discarded and quite painful knee-buffers.

I can see bug-Moses leading them to the bed, where my flesh it torn nightly by my cat. Talk about the land of milk and honey. Sometimes I think I'm nothing more than a giant hangnail on the finger of the hand of the arm of the Supreme Being.

But then I get a grip, and realize that I am nothing more or less than a big trough for the bugs that feed on my waste.

God bless America.

4 Comments:

At 7/01/2005 07:02:00 AM , Blogger Diane Mandy said...

It may be a little off topic, but when I read the description of manna one time, "tastes like flat cakes with honey" it sort of reminded me of Frosted Flakes. You don't feed the bugs Frosted Flakes do you? Now hat would be too weird.

 
At 7/01/2005 09:10:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Ohh - sexy shorts!! :D-----

 
At 7/01/2005 09:50:00 AM , Blogger SassyAssy said...

Who wears short-shorts? KOM wears short shorts (anyone remember that commercial--if not just hop into KOM's time machine).

 
At 7/01/2005 02:04:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

I like bugs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home