Friday, August 19, 2005

Slowly creeps one more week

Slowly it comes. Slowly. Doesn't it?

As I sit staring at the screen, blue coming in streams, rings and drifts, it comes.

One more week, today.

The radio distracts, but I know. I know. Still, it comes.

A promise not yet uttered, not yet honored. Still it comes.

The days melt into weeks, the weeks into months. I've known for some time now. I've known, but I thought it was for me. I thought I had more time.

But it's not for me. I realized that today. It hasn't been for me for nearly two years.

So it comes. And it creeps. And it worries, and it weeps. It disguises itself, and it's found out. It stays up late, and it goes to bed early. It does what it does only when it's too much. Then it does more when it forgets.

Welcome, and a swift goodbye. I can't be bothered to think of it further. Almost. Another week.

Do I believe myself? I have, and am always disappointed.

One more week.

9 Comments:

At 8/20/2005 11:51:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Let me guess, birthday time again?

What is it this time?
The big 3-0?

If I'm wrong, cool.
If I'm right, you owe me a beer.

 
At 8/21/2005 06:22:00 PM , Blogger PSUMommy said...

It isn't the birthday- you'd be a virgo. (Yes. I looked in your profile to see. And no, if it weren't *my* birthday- shameless plug there- I'd have NO idea what your 'sign' would be.)

Are you talking about the 28 year and 10 day anniversary of Elvis' death?

Ooh, oooh- or the 214th anniversary of when John Fitch patented the steamboat?

The 507th anniversary of when Michelangelo was commisioned to make the 'Pieta'?

Ok...those are my guesses...

 
At 8/22/2005 10:36:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Hm, if only I could crawl around that head of yours......

Is there any way you could sound so cool without making me feel like I've done something horribly wrong?

That would be great.

 
At 8/22/2005 06:11:00 PM , Blogger PSUMommy said...

Call me obsessive, call me weird, whatever...I've been checking this entry EVERY DAY since you posted it, just to see what on EARTH you're talking about.

I need to know!

And, for what its worth, I think you should buy JOAT a beer anyway, just because his picture so completely fits his comment.

 
At 8/23/2005 09:59:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

J - No, sorry. But per PSUMom's advice, I'll buy you a beer anyway.

R - Not everything is about you :)

PSUMom - Nothing to it. Sorry to keep you on the edge of your seat. Just scribbling and bibbling, bibbling and scribbling.

 
At 8/23/2005 10:00:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

Oh, and happy early or late b-day!

 
At 8/23/2005 10:40:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

PROSTATE EXAM!!!

 
At 8/23/2005 11:56:00 AM , Blogger PSUMommy said...

Early, but thank you!

And LOL @ JOAT!

 
At 8/23/2005 01:58:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Way to cover the bases.

If it were all about me, I would be sitting in a spa eating truffles and trying to plan my next pedicure and "maybe" fit in a lunch date with my toddler.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home