Thursday, August 18, 2005

What dreams may come

Several months ago, I published a brief dream about J. I received quite a bit of ribbing, and I've been somewhat gun-shy since.

Regardless, I've had two other blog-induced dreams to date. They are both a bit fuzzy now. But people, if you didn't give me shit the first time around, I might have been more willing to share immediately after the fact.

I think that I've absolved myself, and I put the onus of weidro truth upon you, reader, to prove to me that I'm crazy.

Anyhow...

Dream one:

I am hanging out in my bedroom at my parent's house. My mom comes to the door to tell me that I have a visitor. It's Sean, from Insight. He jumps up onto my bed and starts to play with a Rubik's Cube.

Several minutes later, J shows up. He sits with Sean on the bed, opposite me on the couch. We decide that this is indeed a sausage fest, and that we need to go elsewhere.

(Dream-sequence cut scene.)

We are at a party, and all of my blogger friends are there. Reese is shaking on the dance platform, Squishi is making drinks, Yawn is in a corner playing with fire... everyone is there and having a good time. (Fuzz-out.)

Dream Two:

My friend Mike and I are hanging out when we realize that we are late for something. We drive around town before remembering that we were supposed to meet Kaci and her husband at their house to watch the kids. Strangely, Kaci and Porter don't go out for a night on the town but disappear behind, and lock, the bedroom door. I wonder what they were doing back there? (Fuzz-out.)


Pin your hangups on me; I expect them. But how can I defend my subconscious brain? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes babysitting leads to sex. What can I say?

I tell you what, though. If the Sucias can have a Blog-a-thon, we need to do the same thing. I propose that we meet in Vegas, or some mutually middle-ground location so that we can meet eachother in person. It would be interesting, to say the least. Moreso, perhaps, I could stop dreaming about the silly blog-people that live only on my screen, and who infect my otherwise chaste and god-fearing dreams.
(Fuzz-out.)

11 Comments:

At 8/19/2005 08:24:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Are you sure that was a dream? Youvjust described every day hanging out with my buddys from 86 til 95.

Show up and one of their houses, hang out and mess with a Rubiks cube, realize we'd rather be where the women were and go there.

That wasn't a dream man, you somehow astrally projected yourself back in time!

Next time, tell me to buy Microsoft stock!

 
At 8/19/2005 09:05:00 AM , Blogger Moxie Cotton said...

Sorry- this comment is completely unrelated to dreams about fellow bloggers (although I can absolutely sympathize) but thank you for your comments and your suggestion - I've actually never really sat down and read Bukowski. I attempted it once, but at the time my life was in a bit of an upheaval and I could only stomach my own mess. Coincidentally, I dated someone who was alcoholic and went into the post office out of his sheer (and mentally deranged) obsession with Bukowski. My first and last foray into the 'Barfly' stage of romance, I must confess. Thanks again!

P.S. I've been reading your blog and I dig it.

 
At 8/19/2005 09:06:00 AM , Blogger Moxie Cotton said...

P.P.S I have a ten month old son and I agree with your post about walking over your own mother to protect him. Love is such a fantastic punch in the face, isn't it?

 
At 8/19/2005 09:17:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

They were playing video games.

 
At 8/19/2005 07:13:00 PM , Blogger Kingfisher said...

As a side note, I'm an accountant and a 49ers fan, too.

We are both sorry ass losers.

"Go Rattay! Debit the left side of that defensive column!"

 
At 8/20/2005 12:45:00 PM , Blogger Yawn said...

Might I suggest Veracruz, Ciudad Juárez, or possibly Mexico City for such a blogorgy? You know, out of the range of certain influences. Cedar Rapids, Iowa wouldn't be bad either.

 
At 8/20/2005 06:44:00 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I know you don't dream about me KOM... but I would drag monkey to vegas ! I think it would be a hoot!

 
At 8/21/2005 07:47:00 PM , Blogger Kara0303 said...

If you're not part of your "dream team" does that mean you can't come to Vegas?

 
At 8/21/2005 10:31:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Hey, now. I said that you all were having a good time. I just hit my quotas for links in a single post :)

I'm bad at organizing these things. Kara - you tell us when we're going to vegas.

 
At 8/22/2005 09:07:00 AM , Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

YES! I LOVE VEGAS!!!

I'm so there!! ;)

 
At 8/26/2005 12:30:00 PM , Blogger Moxie Cotton said...

I once had a blog dream about a girl that I've been reading for about six years. I was at her house during a party and (misty forgetful dream events) I found myself showering in front of everyone (it was an outdoor shower) whilst scrubbing myself with a tumbleweed. So....yeah.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home