Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Link epiphany

I finally made it over to the Web Miztris. She brings up an interesting topic here.

Far be it for me to judge, but we in the little-people circle of half-assed blogs wish that we had problems like hers. Too many blogs to worry about the blog-roll? I feel your pain.

Seriously, I do. I have 40+ listed on this little POS that I try to visit every day, whether or not I am inspired to comment. And still I can't daily make the rounds.

But something of her complaint reminds me of working customer service, and having to hear the truly pitiful travails of those with 2 or more houses. I know, I know that life sucks. But if you're going to complain about your problems with upper-crust society.. I dunno, perhaps how your servant thinks that she ought to be free... well, then I can't feel too sorry.

But I've hit a tangent. I certainly don't envy or even curse the more popular blogs! Well, envy, maybe.

Shit, I take it all back. If I had just begun blogging and had read what I just wrote, even with my current links, few that they are, I would still have bitched! Who am I to complain about issues that are outside of my experience? Perhaps someday, one day, I can be upset about the chore of blogrolling. One day.

But first I need a few people to read this pittance.

10 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 04:50:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

i read it!

:)

 
At 8/11/2005 05:15:00 AM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I read it!

 
At 8/11/2005 09:20:00 AM , Blogger PSUMommy said...

I can't stop thinking about the old joke..."Doctor! My arm hurts REALLY badly when I do this!" (Lifting arm above head) "Then don't DO that!"

Yes, very 7th grade, but still...the social rules of blogging are still a bit of an enigma to me.

 
At 8/11/2005 09:27:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Yeah, I've not listed any blogs on mine, well, because I don't know how. I have never checked a single stat either, for that same reason. I've been thinking about asking you to show me how, but I'm not sure what that will do to me!

Besides, everyone I know and love is already linked on your blog. Also, I just save blogs as a "favorite" that way, they are mine, all mine!!

 
At 8/11/2005 10:07:00 AM , Blogger Webmiztris said...

trust me, when you already 'try' to visit 100 blogs per day and people you don't even know email you every couple of days and say, "hey, I link to your blog. please put me on your blogroll." you'll get cranked up too. I remember when I didn't get hardly any hits, I used to get jealous, but now I literally spend about 12 hours a day on the computer trying to keep up.

 
At 8/11/2005 10:29:00 AM , Blogger KOM said...

Yup. Might have to hang up a "no soliciting" sign in anticipation. I also can't wait for all of the spam comments.

Actually, my initial reaction to your post was "how the heck do you keep up with so many blogs? I waste enough time at work as it is!

Now I'm thinking, what does it matter, anyway? It's not like links are currency. I think PSUMommy has again cut straight to the point: very 7th grade, indeed.

 
At 8/11/2005 10:55:00 AM , Blogger Desiree said...

I agree with Psumommy too. Damn thats a lot of hours blogging. I think I waste enough time already, and its usually just scanning in the A.M.

I read blogging lowers your IQ.

:)

 
At 8/11/2005 01:24:00 PM , Blogger SassyAssy said...

I cannot imagine having the time to check 100 blogs...of course...it is addictive.

 
At 8/11/2005 02:24:00 PM , Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I wish I had more time to read and comment at fellow blogger's sites!! Just not enough hours in the day for me right now. But KOM, be assured whether I comment or not, I do make it a point to get to your blog every day. :-)

 
At 8/12/2005 01:29:00 PM , Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

I read it also. I dont even try to go to all of the links on my site on a daily basis, I think once a week or less is ample for many of them. The only ones that I frequent are the ones that are written by every day people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home