Saturday, October 29, 2005

This Should Work

I finally friggin' remember!

The Golden Paper Clip goes to This Girl I Used To Know, if only because she questioned my notes.

The rubber band reference was supposed to be a completely different post. It was about my friend, and a dark day in 20/20 hindsight stupidity.

He had a good sized bag of rubber bands, and we had spent all afternoon linking one after the other until the chain was at least 20 feet long.

The next logical step, of course, was to stretch the chain as far as we could. My friend stood stationary as I walked up the sidewalk, one house after another, sometimes testing the tautness. It was inevitable what happened next: the chain snapped, and 150 feet of overstretched rubberband accelerated at warp speed toward my friend's scrotum.

It would have been much funnier on America's Home Videos. As I understand it, one can not go wrong with a testicular impact gag.

Anyhow, said friend has just started a blog. Please check it out.

I'm a little concerned, because Technorati, etc., will eventually lead back to li'l' ol' LP. The internet is full of Hanzel und Gretel crumbs. But this guy is one of by oldest, best friends, so annonymity be damned. It's not like I'm running for Emporer President! Viva la Work!

3 Comments:

At 10/29/2005 09:36:00 AM , Blogger Yawn said...

My conceptualization of purgatory: a vast field littered wth styrofoam peanuts- you have to pick up every smidgeon while you wait. Or maybe it's a vast field littered with wire coat hangers all tangled together. You have to separate them and put them in a box, but you keep tripping over the box whilst going for another handful of tangle, and spilling them out.

Wait I gotta remember that- "Handful of tangle." That sounds slightly "lacivious."

"Whadya do last night Donny?"

"Why I done took Selma Lee t' the moving pictures and got me a handful of tangle in the back of the theater."

 
At 10/30/2005 06:12:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeowwwwwcccchhhh!

I'm not male, but even I can appreciate that pain.

I always have the camera off right at the exact moment. Damnit Janet!

 
At 10/31/2005 10:37:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHA! Validation of my very existence! I will now beging prefacing my name oscar-style...

Golden Paper-Clip Award Winner, This Girl I Used to Know.

(GPCAWTGIUTK for short).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home