Monday, November 21, 2005

Where's the beef?*

I think I've mentioned before that I sometimes wake myself and/or my wife by laughing in my sleep. I don't think it happened this morning, but I still awoke in the early AM hours with a smile on my face.

I had been dreaming about blogging about Sharon Stone tripping on the staircase of her private jet while walking toward a runway press-conference. I coined the word 'tarmactic' to describe her 'fantastic tarmac' tumble. Yeah, for some reason I thought it was pretty damn clever when I was asleep. I'll be filing this under 'A' for Absolutely no bearing on anything - and Apropos.

Despite the fact that this comedic well was obviously dry, I just ran a google-image search for "Gerald Ford Trip". I was presented, predictably, by pictures of a guy named Gerald taking trips in a Ford. So I tried "Chevy Chase Pratfall" and received a much less obvious, though somewhat related, result.

Damn Google.



Did I mean traumatic? Yeah, maybe I did.

All of this, of course, was a preamble to a post that I no longer have the time or interest to begin, much less finish. Basically, it was "What's up with R. Kelly?, v.1.5 - A midget?"


* This post is certified 100% filler, and is not to be considered safe for human consumption.

5 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 09:41:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one knows what's up with R. Kelly - he's just an unexplainable phenomenon - like the Loch Ness Monster.

My word verification is ooosmi.

I like that.

Would you like Ooosmi with that?

 
At 11/22/2005 10:04:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

You made me snort-laugh!

 
At 11/22/2005 10:56:00 AM , Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

R. Kelly. What the hell? I mean, y'know, really. What the living, breathing Hell?

My verification word is tkpjyfuz. (That's the midget's name.)

 
At 11/22/2005 12:09:00 PM , Blogger Moxie Cotton said...

I talk in my sleep. And sometimes I'll get so animated that it wakes me up, so I'll be half-way through a sentence and realize what I'm saying is nonsense and it will make me laugh. And that laughter and nonsense will wake my husband up, who says (invariably) "babe, you're talking again" and that makes me laugh even harder.

This is more complicated than it needs to be, so..."yeah, me too!"

 
At 11/22/2005 02:44:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

I love it when you laugh in your sleep. It makes me laugh even though I don't know what the hell is so funny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home