Thursday, August 18, 2005

GUESS

When I grow up, I'm going to invent a search engine for people like myself. That is, people who can vividly recall the flavor and the simile of any given word, but never the word itself. More often than not it's proper nouns (I can't remember actor's names to save my life), but any word will do.

Google User Enablement Sub-System (GUESS). How can I help you?

Um, who's that guy who isn't Nick Nolte?

Gary Busey?

Close. No, same teeth but not completely insane.

Ron Perlman?

or

Google User Enablement Sub-System (GUESS). How can I help you?

What is it when you're not on welfare, but you have money?

Hard Work?

No. More like you don't work, but people talk about you eating hamburgers in a bikini.

Trust Fund?

or

Google User Enablement Sub-System (GUESS). How can I help you?

What's that word... I think it begins with an 's'. I it means something to the effect of not, ummm. No. It means uhh, comes back into your head??

Memory?


Thank you, GUESS. I don't know how I've ever... umm, is there a word for 'make stuff happen without consulting you?'

5 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 12:50:00 PM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I AM that system!
I know TONS of useless crap like that. Expecially actors.

Hey P, sorry if I irritated you with my "Hippie" rants, what with you living near "Hippie" central S.F. and all.

I'm NEVER totally serious about crap like that, just ignore my insanity.

 
At 8/18/2005 01:22:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

I've got a friend who does it, as well. Hey Scott - who's NOT X? Y, he'll say. And usually he's right.

Irritate me? I thought it was pretty damn funny, actually. And just because I live near SF doesn't mean that I want to hang out on Haight street more than any other person.

 
At 8/18/2005 02:55:00 PM , Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Really? I thought it was mandatory out there, in the city's bylaws and crap.

I wanna check out Alcatraz and that stupid winding street, if I ever get out there though.

 
At 8/18/2005 03:37:00 PM , Blogger Kingfisher said...

This is a GREAT idea! And funnier than hell, too. Glad to see I'm not the only retard in this circle of bloggers.

I used to live in the SF Bay Area. We didn't like hippies either. Or Oakland.

 
At 8/19/2005 09:25:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

What's that metal deely you use to dig food?

A spoon Homer?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home