Friday, September 02, 2005

Say goodnight, Gracie

Poseidon? Zeus? Propecius Maximus?

We may never know. But I am strangely upset at the destruction of my friend.



I received Herr Bust as a 21st birthday present from one of my best friends. Even he didn't know who this was supposed to represent. Everywhere that I've since lived, as absurd as the bust proved, I've always featured him in some corner for all to see.

This evening I saw his dead eyes staring up at me from the yard. His shoulders were still huddled against the side of the house.

It was a sad accident that stripped LP of my last Avatar. It is also a sad accident that gives birth to my new image.

Goodnight, Gracie!

4 Comments:

At 9/06/2005 09:39:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Yes, odd is right! It was so weird to see the shoulders and back of the head still standing against the wall, just the face had torn off! I thought I had seen my husband throw the pieces away, and was rather startled to see a face coming out through the rose bushes. It was a bit unerving.

 
At 9/06/2005 04:29:00 PM , Blogger Kara0303 said...

Like the new 'do...

My vote is Poseidon, er perhaps Neptune instead. No, definitely Poseidon. Only because I'm a pisces though, and he's supposed to be my ruler or something...who knows.

 
At 9/06/2005 04:36:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

Yes, the judges are also willing to accept Neptune. I just think Poseidon sounds cooler...

 
At 9/07/2005 09:59:00 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

I think it's Poseidon. It's the look on his face of, "Dear Gods, what have I unleashed upon the world", and you can envision some Cracken type creature running off to lay waste.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home