Tuesday, December 13, 2005

15 minutes of fame knocking a gift horse in the bush

Update 12/19/05 --- Certain references and persons have been removed changed per request.


Hi KOM,

I'm working with Dr. Karl Schink on the book Super Z's, to be released next year by Seabird Pudd'n', and one of the sections deals with sleep laughing. I'm looking for personal stories about it and came across a recent blog post of yours where you mentioned that you sleep-laugh. Any interest in being quoted in the book? If so, I'm looking for a couple of paragraphs about your experiences-- are they always related to dreams? Do you usually remember why you're laughing? When/how often does it happen? Etc.

Thanks for considering it!
Regards,

Julia Glazed
Editor-in-chief, http://www.writtenstuff/
Author of Patty Get Your Gun! and many other books.
See Julia's books at http://www.juliaglazed.com/


I can just imagine...

"KOM, who doesn't want to share his real name for fear of the 'twisty ear things', among many other concerns, has agreed to share a brief description of sleep laughing."

"Well, Julia, its like this. I crack me up. I'm the funniest person I know, but only in my head. The things I think about, well, you couldn't... wouldn't... shouldn't understand."

"Thank you, KOM. It's been a revelation to speak with you. Now on to Cynthia Marisa, who claims to see the Virgin at night..."

But I guess I could tell people I'd been published. That would be cool.

Because before racist, misogynist and bastard, I'm a braggart first.

4 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 12:03:00 PM , Blogger Moxie Cotton said...

Extreme Sleep...now there's a concept whose time has come.
Yeah buddy.

 
At 12/13/2005 05:17:00 PM , Blogger Yawn said...

I'm gonna buy a new keyboartd and comment upon sleep laughing. Still unable to do it from the Agency. They frown on that stuff. Must suffer through orange juice accident.

 
At 12/13/2005 09:40:00 PM , Blogger Squishi said...

I was quoted in the "Extreme Ironing" book.

I still get it out and have a bit of a teary remembery session.

Actually, I don't read it. That was a lie. But it's a cool thing to have been quoted, eh?

 
At 12/14/2005 11:01:00 AM , Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I just wanted to say...


CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home