Monday, December 05, 2005

Pure Gold

I have seen the future, and it is funny.

I was introduced to I Wrote This When I Was Drunk (proudly linked for some time to your right) by Diva Working Mum long, long ago. Or as I prefer to think of it, "The Haiku Days".

Recently, Paul of the Violent Farmers asked for words that rhyme with Nipple for use in a new song. Those suggestions were catalogued in the comments, and the result is the sterling "As of Yet Unnamed" to-be-classic that can be read here.

The line that sold me?

They're long not large if you get my gist
Like the index finger on a midget's fist


My insignificant contribution?

Milk dribble.

My mother would be so proud.

Go check out his blog and dive into the archives. There's gold in them thar hills.

3 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 08:48:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most excellent. Yes indeedy. I particularly liked the line about making cripples of people with eyes poked out by her nipples...

 
At 12/07/2005 04:18:00 AM , Blogger Squishi said...

maybe they then went for a tipple?

 
At 12/09/2005 08:26:00 AM , Blogger Passerby A said...

I can't, for the life of me, imagine why somebody would want a song to be written about her mother... and I can't think of anything that rhymes with "nipple".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home