Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A brief dream XIII

I know I've been posting a lot of dreams lately, but this one is weird even by my standards.

Last night I dreamed that Cartman from South Park had kidnapped my cat in a ploy to force me to help him free a wondrous, wish granting substance from a tree.

He was afraid to stick his hand into the hollow of the tree because there might be "icky" things inside.

We had to wait for nightfall to retrieve the substance, so we held vigil in front of a house several blocks away. At one point I had to urinate, so I went behind the house to piss in the bushes. A deer approached and spoke to me in a very heavy native american accent*. He told me that no one was home, then wished me a nice day before running off.

As the sky darkened, we walked to the tree. Inside was not a substance, as such, but a demon. For the rest of the dream I was able to see through his eyes and experience his thoughts. He was particularly vain, and dismissed most people out of hand. Interestingly, he spent quite a bit of time reading the minds of dogs.

Cartman held a "wishing" party and invited over his friends. The demon stated matter of factly that he would twist any of our wishes to cause more harm than good, so no one volunteered a desire. Instead, the demon walked around making random comments to people.

One woman had made an off-hand remark about not being able to stand the smell of garbage. The demon looked at her and said, "But your husband becomes excited by the smell of decay. Does that make you feel like less of a woman?"


* I know, I don't know what "native american accent" is supposed to mean, either. That's just what I remember thinking.

6 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 12:55:00 PM , Blogger Kingfisher said...

Wow.

That is LOADED with all kinds of stuff. The possibilities for stories or interpretations are in the dozens.

You are a creative genius.

Or well and truly disturbed.

I'd say it's about even money.

Great read, makes my imagination run wild. Thanks.

 
At 12/06/2005 02:43:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

A "Native American Accent" can probably be best described by the accent used by the Native American actores in the movie "Smoke Signals".

That movie cracked me up.

 
At 12/06/2005 07:29:00 PM , Blogger 143 said...

You went to bed drunk right?

Of course, if by some remote chance you were actually sober, I fear the inner recesses of your subconscious...

*shudder*

 
At 12/07/2005 02:23:00 AM , Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

no offence but your dreams are weird. comming from me thats impressive or fucked up. Im not sure.

Brad
http://approximatelyaverage.blogspot.com/

 
At 12/07/2005 04:52:00 AM , Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

What's amazing to me is that you remember your dreams. The only dreams I ever remember are the ones where people die or my life is in danger.

In any case, I must say, you do have the best dreams, Kom.

 
At 12/07/2005 03:29:00 PM , Blogger KOM said...

KF - Thank God they're dreams. I don't have to take responsibility or credit for them.

Shari - Never seen Smoke Signals. But I suspect you're right, anyway.

Me - Usually when I go to bed drunk I can't remember my dreams. That may be a good thing.

Marshal - No offense taken. The ones that I post usually are, indeed, weird.

Reese - I usually remember 1 or 2 per night. But I have to think about them as soon as I wake up, or they're gone before I'm dressed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home