Thursday, November 03, 2005

Religion Q&A

People, I'm at a loss.

I would dare to state that the simple majority of the folks that bless me with comments consider themselves religious. Not simply spiritual, but religious.

Yet short of nailing the King of the Jews to the cross myself, I have lambasted, satorized and blasphemed against our favorite savior; still, I get positive comments about my philosophy and world view.

What I'd like to do is get a better sense of you, my reader, through a Q and A. This time, however, I'd like to keep things on a relatively metaphysical plane. Tell me what you believe and why, then in the comments ask me to either counter or support your viewpoint.

Just a few ground rules:

1) No bashers. I'm not interested in attacks.

2) No circuitous questions. For example "Could God make a rock so big that He couldn't lift it?"

3) No stick-in-the-mud's. If you're willing to ask, please be willing to hear.

4) When the comments open, please agree or disagree in a civil manner. We all see things different. That's the spice of life. But if there are any questions about #4, please see # 1.

So, there it is. Ask me anything. Your dialogue is our understanding, and understanding can't be bad.

I plan on keeping this topic open for a week or so. There will be a link in the sidebar for any late-commers.